Welcome!

Welcome to my blog where I test, evaluate, and share recipes. I love trying new recipes, creating recipes, and improving on the classics. I also post about where I have gone to find quality products and the freshest ingredients in the Food Travels tab. If you have pets, you might enjoy making a homemade treat from the Dog and Parrot recipe tabs. Please feel free to comment or make suggestions on this blog. If you have any recipes that you would like me to test or improve (make it healthier, substitutions, put a twist on it, etc.), please email me at breagha70@gmail.com or click on the "Recipe Suggestions" tab above.

Saturday, July 7, 2012

WHEN ITS HOT...GRILL

The heat is certainly on this summer.  The stagnant air with its heaviness just wasn't inspiring me to turn on the oven last night, so out to the grill I went! 

I found a recipe for a simple baked chicken and borrowed the seasoning idea to make a chicken rub.  I added fresh parsley from my herb garden at the very end and it was just the thing to give it that "fresh" taste.  I paired this chicken with a pasta dish and a side salad.   When I grill chicken, especially when its rubbed with seasoning, I have found the "turning" method and using olive oil keeps the chicken moist and juicy. 

ROSEMARY GRILLED CHICKEN 

Preparation Time:  20 min
Serves 2                                                                         
 
Ingredients:
2 chicken breasts, skinless, boneless
1 tablespoon of dried rosemary
1 tablespoon of garlic powder
Salt & pepper to taste
1 1/2 tablespoons of fresh flat-leaf parsley (garnish)
2 tablespoons olive oil

Instructions:                                                                            

Preheat grill (medium heat). Wash chicken and pat dry.  With a fork, poke holes into the chicken (this allows the chicken to cook more thoroughly faster on the grill).  In a small bowl, combine the dry seasonings (rosemary, garlic, salt and pepper).  



Rub the olive oil on all sides of the chicken breasts and then rub the dry seasonings on the chicken breasts.  



 
Grill chicken, turning every 3-5 minutes until done (when the juices run clear or when the internal temperature reaches 160 degrees).  Take the chicken off the Grill and garnish with the fresh parsley. 




Cuisinart All Foods Gas Grill

Char-Broil Urban IR Grill - Liquid Propane Grills

No comments:

Post a Comment